Monday 12 April 2010

Vandalism




Vandalism can be seen as a form of anti-social behaviour and is apparent in most communities. Vandalism comes in a range of forms such as, graffiti, dumping of refuse, the smashing of windows and bus shelters, fowling of pavements and green spaces, abandoned vehicles and interference of road signs just to name a few.




Everywhere we look there is evidence of vandalism that has taken place. I have mixed feeling on vandalism. Graffiti in my opinion can be good but also bad, I feel depending where it is put depends on how well the public perceive it. For example,I personally think it looks horrid and ugly when its put in places like parks or on abounded buildings etc and think people who do graffiti this should be made to scrub it off( harsh I know but it looks horrible) yet, if the graffiti is done say as a memorial at a youth club etc, it looks really fab and sends a good message. I do think that graffiti again depending where place is not a bad thing - for some people it is a way of expressing themselves which should be encouraged. I think the local authorities should find places specifically to where people can do this form of art work.


Other forms of vandalism, such as smashing of windows- its purely in my eyes bad behaviours, why would you do that? its immature and you will not gain anything by doing it would you??

I have sat and watched teenagers vandalising property in an area that a family member lives in and to be honest its horrible to even watch, have they not been brought up properly to respect other peoples property? I do not agree with vandalism on a whole and feel that people who commit bad behaviour in the form of vandalism should be punished if they do not have permission to carry out what they have intended to do! what do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment