Tuesday 13 April 2010

Masturbation




This lecture was funny and embarrassing to say the least. I think many people present in lecture found it funny, embarrassing and awkward. I did. I think its just the word that makes people cringe tho, and masturbation is an embarrassing subject to discuss whatever your age- for most individuals anyway! I had the giggles, even at this age I become embarrassed but I did notice a number of people in lecture uncomfortable with the concept of masturbation being discussed.

Masturbation was heavily frowned upon by Christians, who forbid masturbation taking place. It is seen as a sin. However, the Bible as seen on this website has nothing in the scripture owhich actually discusses or forbids masturbation taking place, all the bible states is that 'all illicit sexual fantasies are forbidden' and as pointed out by this website- 'this is an issue concerning masturbation'.http://http//www.acts17-11.com/dialogs_masturbation.html. I think this probably contradicts itself to be honest as Christians forbid this behaviour yet, it does not have it exactly word for word that It is forbidden. They have interpreted it this way!


I have also found a website which outlines the history of the various events in masturbation.http://http//sexuality.about.com/od/masturbation/a/masturbationhis.htm. I think that overtime masturbation has increasingly become more acceptable, but is often seen as bad behaviour and also still frowned upon in today's society- nothing really has changed then. What do you all think?

I think as shown in today's lecture , the various methods of preventing men from masturbating are hilarious. They look very painful and uncomfortable. I was really shocked by these pictures and think that was it actually really necessary for these precautions to be taken?


Overall, everybody masturbates its a natural thing to do and I think society should become more open to this fact and society should begin to socially accept that it is natural and therefore move out of the idea that masturbation is and should be kept a secret. I also feel women become more embarrassed when discussing masturbation compared to men when it is probably talked about without a second thought. What do you all think?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you are saying i think that when we had that discussion on Masturbation people were shocked, embarrassed but also found the topic funny. I don’t think that people like discussing Masturbation, not girls anyway I think that girls find it more embarrassing. In my opinion i think that boys are more open to talk about Masturbation some even brag about how many times they do it a day. I also agree with when you said that Masturbation has become more expectable than it was back in the day it’s probably because as the society changes so do people opinions.

    ReplyDelete