Wednesday 14 April 2010

Drugs.




There are many different types of drugs around in today's society. Some legal some illegal. Drugs have been used for many centuries but for the last few years the use off illegal substance have become increasingly apparent.


This website http://http//news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/351472.stm gives an overview of drugs and I was utterly shocked at how much drug use has risen among children and teenagers. I was also shocked at the fact that drug use across the country has risen quite a lot. Young people might take drugs because of peer press, stress , rebellion or because they are ill- there are many more reasons I'm sure.


My Nan smoked cannabis, she was really ill with bad arthritis and was wheelchair bound and smoked it to release her off the pain. I agree with that because it eased the pain and I seen her suffering even when she was smoking cannabis- imagine what she would be ,like without it, probably torture fore her. My friend also has to have drugs just to stay alive because she has Cystic Fibrosis- drugs can be used for good things and I am thankful they are her to keep her alive! I'm not anti- drugs, I personally wouldn't touch them, well except paracetamol etc! I do not agree with people taking drugs but at the end of the day its individual choice and their decision.


There are many side effects from drugs. Some include tiredness, depression and headaches. I looked thought this website and depending on the drug you choose it give you a list off the different side effects that can occur.http://http//www.drugs.com/sfx/


http://http//www.talktofrank.com/article.aspx?id=244 gives you an account of different peoples experience of drug use and also recounts why people turned to drugs. After reading a few of them i became shocked and worried about how much society is changing. The fact that children are getting young and younger when it comes to drug misuse. I feel sorry for the people that have been affected by drug misuse. I think celebrities have a major contribution into young people concerning drugs. There think that because their idols take drugs it cool to as well. Celebs such as Amy Winehouse and Pete Docherty and among the culprits. I think more needs to be done about this and also more to try and help young people turn away from drug misuse.


Finally, I feel that drug taking is again down to personal preference and feel that drugs only treat the cause and not the symptom- the real route of the problem, whether illegal or legal drugs are being consumed. The lecture on drugs was really good, It discussed many things about drugs that I did not even consider. Many off my Friends take drugs but that's down to them, I am not one to judge- My uncle used to be a drug dealer! This is probably a reason why I would not take drugs as I seen how much it messed him up although people take to drugs differently, some can handle them some cannot. Personally I wouldn't touch drugs , maybe a few paracetamol, and I hope it stays that way after research into Drug misuse.






No comments:

Post a Comment