Thursday 22 April 2010

Speeding




Speeding is a type of bad behaviour because it is going against what is 'right ' and if you speed and have an accident the consequences can be fatal. Speeding is a violation of the law . This website http://http//www.helium.com/items/154076-driver-safety-the-dangers-of-speeding outlines why speeding is 'bad news for everyone' and it also highlights the dangers of speeding. Thing such as, decreased reaction times in relation to how fast you can stop if you need to, loss of control of the vehicle and it even costs more money in terms of petrol when your speeding!

Personally, I would not say I speed, if I have it has only been 2/3 mph over- simply because I get to scared and think that if I was to speed and get caught then I could get points on my clean licence or even loose it- I do not want this to happen as I worked hard to get it and spent a lot of money to get it. I also probably would not be able to live with myself if I ended up hurting someone while speeding. So I just do not speed!

To try to reduce speeding, speed camera are placed up and down the county. Personally I do not think that these work as drives continue to speed and then when they see a speed camera the put their brakes on to slow down. According to http://http//www.safespeed.org.uk/effects.html drivers are starting to pay more attention to the camera itself Rather than the roads- this could lead to fatal consequences. I think drivers are more preoccupied with the cameras and are constantly checking their speed o meter Rather than whats in front of them. I think speed cameras should be pulled down to be honest as , in my opinion they cause more accidents on the roads- I mean, have you seen the flashes on them when it catches someone speeding- enough to make a person go blind.

I think speeding is wrong and immoral in our society. When a person speed they do not take into consideration the health and safety aspect not only for themselves but to others too. We should not speed ,yet still do. There are many reasons for speeding- maybe people do it for the thrill and adrenaline rush. I think speeding is wrong unless its for a good enough reason, for example, you need to get to the hospital, even then you have trained people (ambulance service)to do this.
I feel that speeding is wrong and although I see how individuals can get a thrill from speeding, I think its more hassle than it is worth doing. You could loose a lot if you get caught. Drivers should also ask them selves is it actually worth speeding and what do they get out of it before committing the act. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment