Wednesday 21 April 2010

bad language- Swearing




Bad languages especially swearing is seen as offensive , abusive and rude. Personally I swear, I think most people do. I swear without even thinking and can go through stages of where I can be really good and not swear and then I can go through stages where nearly everything i say has a swear word at the end.When I was young we found it funny to swear, it was going against what my parents allowed us to do otherwise we would get told that they would 'wash out mouth out with soap' if we continued. Even with this threat I still continued to swear and lets just say I had a few trips to the sink!


From research. according to this website 'http://http//people.howstuffworks.com/swearing.htm 'Most associate swearing with being angry or frustrated, but people swear for a number of reasons and in a variety of situations'. I agree with this because yes if you think of bad language ( swearing) you associate it with young people . This is when you begin to penalise young people thinking that all of them swear ALL the time, when in fact they most probably do not.

I also agree with the statement that people swear for many different reasons. Some people swear when they are excited, having a laugh with your fiends, or even when you hurt yourself. This website stateshttp://http//www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/5803300/Swearing-can-reduce-the-feeling-of-pain.html that swearing can 'reduce the feeling of pain'. Keele University researchers found that swearing can be used as a coping mechanism when physical pain is occurring. The volunteering in this study were able to 'withhold pain' while swearing. I think this is true because when in pain and you swear it takes your mind of the thing that is causing the pain, well i know it does for me!

Celebrities also swear just like us.http://http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuzlbRcZZ6k but when this happens society finds it really bad and they penalise celebrities for this, which results in them complaining and the celebrity comes under fire for it. I think this is wrong because every human being swear, its a type of bad behaviour that we are programmed to do, its in our second instinct to swear.

People swear for many reasons, to look cool, for attention, to rebel, because they cannot stop because they want to become accepted or due to peer pressure. whatever the reason we all have swore before and lets face it we probably will again.

Overall, I think swearing is a big contribution into the way a person is perceived and in today's society it is seen that the person is bas when he/she swears. I think that people swear because it is a way of life and I feel people should not be penalised for this. Swearing to me is a habit and it is hard to break habits. Whatever the reason people swear I think it is okay as long as they don't cross the line and become violent with it and I feel that it is down to individual choice whether you swear or not! What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment