Monday 19 April 2010

Bad Cinema- Kids.




Based in New york city , the film Kids showed in our lecture was defiantly an eye opener to say the least. Sex, drugs and violence are fixated with our society and I think this film portrays them accurately to a certain extent. When watching the film, I can honestly say I was not at all surprised with what I saw as the film mimics reality in a sense that Kids does actually show 'bad behaviour' which is happening in society now. Things such as, drugs and violence constitute to this.

I can understand why this film was banned from being shown. Showing the harsh reality of society was uncomfortable for me to watch let alone children. I can understand why the films explicit scenes caused controversy and I can honestly say, it is kind of disturbing but again on the other hand it is an eye opener of what is or could be happening across the country.Although I can see why it was banned I feel that there were relevant points for this.
The film opens up to man y of the issues that individuals face. Things such as alcohol and drug abuse are among these. I think that in the film these are portrayed really well and the actors and actresses played their roles extremely good. Unprotected sex and HIV were also among issues raised.This website http://http//www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/safesex.htm highlights some of the things that unprotected sex can result in , things such as HIV( a main factor of the film), STI's, pregnancy and infertility or even cancer( there are many more!). I think this film would make people think twice about unprotected sex and other issues such as alcohol and drug abuse. I feel this because its show the harsh effects which could happen and anyone in their right mind would have to think twice. I also feel parents who watch the film would be really shocked and I think they might begin to question what their children might be getting up to.

Overall, I think this film is a real eye opener for everyone in society. I think the issue of smoking drugs was also highlighted accurately. I think this film is powerful in the sense it makes you think and appreciate what you have. I made me appreciative and thankful I am not in a situation like the characters in the film are, yet it moved me to think that people do actually live or act like this- some even have no choice.what do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment